Friday, October 25, 2013

The Sewing Itch

Eric's been on Oahu this week for church meetings, which has left me with time of solitude. I visited this fabric store out of necessity, looking for a Halloween costume for Justice.

Then I tried really hard to stay awake during nap times the past 3 days and it paid off!

It's been several months since I've sewn, and apparently it's going to take me a while to learn again.  I started with a frustrating tension problem with the pumpkin costume, and ended up just going to bed for the night.  The next day I figured that out, and the pumpkin was pretty simple.


Then we took a trip to Goodwill for some t-shirts I could re-fashion into skirts.  I was so excited to have a few more comfy skirts during this last trimester of pregnancy that I started with my own.  Admittedly, I was kind of "winging it" based on an idea I saw online.  Well, it didn't work.  Actually, it worked, but was way too small for this growing body.  Oops.

So I went on to Justice's, figuring I couldn't go wrong, and it turned out great.  I have a few more t-shirts in the sewing pile, so I'm sure it won't be long until Justice has a few more.  And when I regain some confidence, I'll try another for myself as well.  For today, I'm just grateful I only spent $0.99 on that goodwill shirt!




No comments: