Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Life of an Unemployed Girl

I'm unemployed, it's gross.

Long story short, I'm off for the summer with tentative plans to return to my job in the beginning of August. If I knew for certain that I will have a job in August, I'd probably relax a little. However, I do not know that. And so the job search begins...

This is my second week off work and so far this week has been better than last week. I've been applying to anything I find, half of which I'm not qualified to do. The job search stinks. Being home all day stinks. Not having friends to hang out with or things to do stinks. And last but certainly not least, not having any cell-phone minutes left until NEXT Wednesday stinks!

So today I decided to go to the pool. It was a first for the summer. I got ready, book in one hand, water in the other. Got to the pool, layed peacefully for 30 minutes, and the rain fell! It was real light at first and I thought about staying. After looking at the surrounding clouds I decided to come inside. I changed my clothes, made it to the computer (obviously) and now the rain is really coming down outside! I guess that was a good choice.

So off I go to search for more jobs. Oh, how I was NOT made to sit still!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Enjoy at least ONE of these days off! I used to get antsy around day 15 but the first two weeks were awesome... How about this, you can go to Target and just wander around and look at all the clearance items for me- two birds with one stone!