Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Break

While "Spring Break" doesn't mean the same thing it used to, I am grateful. 

Our school board voted to use 2 of our spring break days to make up snow days, so that's been fun.  While I appreciate the thought of getting in extra instructional days before "the test," I'm not sure it did any of us a bit of  good using spring break.  Alas, I have the next 4 days off - and the weekend :)

Today I have a case study to write, and I'd love to get started on report cards.  Tomorrow I plan to finish report cards, and maybe start cleaning the house. That's quite the project, so I'm sure it will take most of  Thursday as well.  I also have an interview on Thursday for a summer opportunity called the Middle Tennessee Writing Project.  And Friday... this is the day I'm really waiting for.... we're going camping!  

Picture taken from a 2009 trip.  How has it been so long?

We haven't officially made our plans yet, and there's still so much to accomplish before then it seems like the distant future.  So even though I haven't gotten all worked up and excited, I know that it will be just what we need once we get there.  I kind of wish I could go to sleep and wake up on Friday. 

Maybe I'll give it a try :) 

No comments: