Saturday, May 21, 2011

A long but lovely week

This week has been LONG.  Each day has seemed crammed full of events and activities, and with one day piling on top of the day before... well... the week gets long.  We did get to see Les Miserables on Tuesday :) 

Les Mis is Eric's all-time favorite musical.  He was excited not only to see it, but also to share it with me.  We had a great time, tried out a new Thai restaurant, went to pick up our tickets and realized we were incredibly early due to us thinking the show started at the "doors open" time.  Oops!  So we walked a few blocks and split some ice cream from a little home-made ice cream shop :)  Then went back and did indeed enjoy a spectacular show!  When we got home a little past 11pm, I did selfishly comment I would like to see it again, with a show that starts at noon so I can be fully awake! 

On Wednesday Jeff and Andrea stopped by for dinner.  What a welcome surprise!  They were flying home from a visit to Texas and had a layover in Nashville.  It was really nice to have dinner with them.  In moments like those, I do wish I lived closer to family.  I would love to visit with our loved ones on a more regular basis.

Thursday brought a special visit with friends of ours where we got to hold and love on precious new born twins!  So fun!  The girls were born on Tuesday, are so tiny, but are doing great.  They even got to go home on Friday!

And yesterday brought with it 6 hours in the car all for a 15 minute interview.  I had scheduled myself to work a half day (until 11:30), but my substitute never showed up.  So I stayed until 1:00 before I split my class amongst other teachers and took off.  Eric and I drove across the state for me to interview with the Credentials Board for my District License with the Nazarene Church.  This is my 2nd renewal, so apparently they weren't concerned, and the interview lasted all of 15 minutes.  We then got in our car and drove home.  It was nice to meet some of the pastors on our district, but I'm not gonna lie... it seemed a bit ridiculous to spend our afternoon/evening driving all for 15 minutes that seemed like it could have taken place through email. 


Needless to say, I'm thankful to be home this morning with nothing pressing today.  In a little while we will go to the Farmer's Market to pick up our basket of fruits/veggies from our CSA, but I look forward to that, along with an afternoon of NOTHING :)

No comments: