Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Benefits of Getting Hired

1. Your husband takes you out for ice cream
2. Everything is happy
3. I might get a kitten

So yes, I do have a job!! Here's the dirt: It is an after-school program is with students Kindergarten thru 5th grade. I will have 15 students who have been identified by their teachers as "at-risk." About half of my time will be working with the students and the other half of my time will be paperwork, meeting their teachers, helping parents, and being involved in the community. Eric and I both are very excited about this opportunity as it will give us a chance to live out our faith in very practical ways. This job will definitely be a challenge for me, I have a ton to learn. They normally hire certified teachers, so I have some catching up to do! Oh, and the best part... this is a faith-based program :) Yay! For more information, visit: http://youthlifelearningcenter.com/

No comments: