Friday, November 14, 2008

Birthday Wishes

Today is my beloved husband's birthday. I find it very fitting to dedicate a post to him.

I love being married to Eric. He is very thoughtful, caring, loving, occasionally sensitive, fairly compassionate and a deep thinking person. Here I would like to highlight two of my favorite qualities.
  • Humor! Eric loves to laugh and to make me laugh. He enjoys humor in entertainment and when we don't have entertainment, he creates his own! He can get a laugh out of almost any situation. I frequently find myself thinking, "I can't wait to tell Eric, he'll think it's funny," over meaningless daily activities.
  • Passion. Eric is passionate about the things he loves. He is a deep thinker, and that carries over into his actions. His mind is consumed by the things he loves: Football, skiing, and ministry. He would probably want me to clarify "ministry" as areas of social justice and nonviolence. Eric inspires me by being so passionate about these things that they take over his life. I'm occasionally left wondering, do I care about anything that much?

So to Eric... Happy Birthday! Thank you for being an amazing and wonderful husband. I look forward to continuous laughter and deep conversations (where I'm typically lost). :) I love you!

1 comment:

Amy Watts said...

Happy Birthday Eric!
Hope you two were able to have a wonderful time together.

I just wanted to point out one thing you left off his passion list... YOU! For the small amounts of time i have been blessed to spend with the two of you, you would have to be blind to not see his passion for you! Your love together is so strong, and so beautiful!