Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ready for a Break

Eric and I are both blessed to have the full week of Thanksgiving off! Well, I have to work 1/2 of Monday, but then I have the rest off :) We are headed to VA to spend time with family. We are excited to spend a few days away, but we will only be gone for 4 days. So what are we doing the rest of the time?

Eric:
Reading & Writing, he has some pretty big papers coming up.

Joy:
Lounging around in sweats
Watching movies
Possibly reading a book
Baking desserts
Eating desserts
Decorating for Christmas
Lounging some more

I cannot believe Christmas is right around the corner. It seems it has come so fast! I find myself thinking in terms of "How many Sunday's are there before Christmas" as I plan kids' lessons for church. This year we are starting our Christmas unit on November 30 to give us 4 Sundays before Christmas. I am really looking forward to those 4 lessons... I've picked some pretty cool activities that I really hope will help the kids connect to the meaning of Christmas. It is oftentimes difficult to break through the commotion that surrounds the holidays and get to the root of why we do what we do.

The chorus of one of the kids' favorite songs says this:

And then I go all out
Beyond any doubt
I want my life to shout
God is Alive in me

My prayer this Christmas is that our lives will shout "God is Alive in me!"

No comments: