Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mailboxes

I introduced a new element today. We now have mailboxes in my classroom. It's really an over-the-door shoe organizer, but each student has a "box," if you will.

Here are the rules:
  • You may "send" mail to anyone in the class
  • If you are sending mail to another student it must be positive/nice
  • You can send me anything you would like, but try not to use the word "hate"
  • You may only "check your mail" at the end of class
  • I will proof EVERYTHING!

So, without further ado... my notes from today!

Note 1: Dear Ms. Joy, You are the best teacher!

Note 2: Dear Miss Joy, You hurt my fillings (feelings)

Note 3: Ms. Joy, you are nice, but you be mad sometimes

Note 4: When you said don't talk about each other, another student said my mom is a whore and got doodi stains in her pants. So do something. Please do it.

Note 5: I don't like you, Ms. Joy (with a hand-drawn sad face... tears and all!)

My heart has been warmed.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I haven't checked your blog in a long time! This post is too funny. What prompted you to create the mailboxes? I assume you don't enjoy receiving such lovely "fan" mail!