Friday, February 13, 2009

Mystery Solved

I was talking with two high school girls yesterday about getting their driver's licenses. One girl told me she was going to take her test this summer, which prompted me to ask about Driver's Training. This is normal, right? Every teenager you know has taken this class unless they grew up in the sticks of Montana or some rural farm where they might have gotten a "farmer's permit" instead.

Oh no. There is no class in Tennessee. You can just take a test, get a permit for 6 months, and then get your license. Is it a driving test? Oh no, again. Simply a written exam.

Mystery Solved! Tennessee drivers are AWFUL because they were never taught how to drive!

1 comment:

Eric said...

This does answer a ton of questions I ask of every driver on TN roads: merging, parking, speeding (in the sense of going too slow), braking, changing lanes, and using signals. I'm still quite surprised that neither of us have been in any accidents yet.