Monday, February 9, 2009

To Clip, Or Not To Clip?

The current craze at our church is clipping coupons and crazy, organized, time-consuming grocery shopping. My first thought: I don't have time for that. My second thought: They are saving a lot of money...

So I bought a Sunday paper yesterday and clipped the coupons! I was amazed at the amount of good coupons, and that they last for so long! I did some afternoon shopping at Kroger yesterday with my coupons. I know I saved (because my receipt tells me saved), but I still think I would have spent less doing my regular shopping at Aldi, buying non-branded products.

The debate continues... to clip, or not to clip?

1 comment:

Julia said...

i can relate. i think, with age and experience, we will (hopefully) become like my amazing mother, who just has this instinct and natural ability to go to the right stores at the right times and buy what's needed for the least amount of money. 'til then, i guess we just do the best we can, eh?