Saturday, February 26, 2011

It's been a rough one...

To be modest, this week has been rough.  Endless days, sleepless nights, daily meetings, early mornings, and work like I've never known it.  I haven't spent much time with my husband either, and that's always draining.  Between my insane week and his evening work schedule, we've managed to miss each other most nights this week. And to top it off, we're out of food.

The kitchen is a disaster (it's probably not the only disastrous room in the house, but I haven't ventured into other rooms this week), I need to do laundry, and as previously mentioned.... groceries are few and far between. 

This morning I taught at our school's Saturday Academy.  I'm glad I'm doing it, and it's only a 6 week commitment (today was week 2).  I got home from school a little after 11:00 with a million things on my mind to be completed before Monday and quickly realized it wouldn't get done at home, and I didn't have any food to sustain me.  I packed my bags and headed to Panera. 

I've been here for 4 hours, got a few of the more serious and pertinent items completed, but in all only crossed 7 things off my "to-do" list of 23 things.  It's the truth.  And I know this is rather gloomy, but the light at the end of the tunnel is 2 weeks and 2 days away.  And even then, it's only a temporary 4 day Spring Break.  Oh yes, 4 days.  The rest of our break was taken away to make up excess snow days.

Lately I've been wondering what's it's like to have a job that doesn't come home with you.

No comments: