Friday, February 11, 2011

Snow Days

Today I was reviewing my blog from last January (2009-2010) and found a post about snow days.  After just 4, I realized I was unproductive, irritated, and needed something to do.  Well friends.... today officially marks snow day #11 of the 2010-2011 year.   Yep, you heard right... 11!  Not only that, but we've let out early on 2 other occasions, really making a grand total of 12 snow days.  How much snow, you ask?  Oh, an inch here are there.... once we got 3 inches.  That put us out of school for the entire week.  Anyway, just imagine how I feel now. I try to be ambivalent.  I mean, there really is nothing I can do about it.  But it's hard.  I hate that school is cancelled when it's 40 degrees and sunny and seriously all snow except what can be found hiding in dark sheltered and shadowed crevices is MELTED.  I hate that we can't seem to string together 5 uninterrupted school days.  I hate the lack-of-anything-structured that leaves my children running around like they simply forgot how to do school.  I hate that after-school tutoring and Saturday Academy have also been cancelled far more than 12 times due to additional "fear of snow" warnings.  And I hate that my summer break is getting shorter by the minute. 

Here's to 2011.... Please get better, soon.

No comments: