Sunday, December 25, 2011

Month One of Motherhood

Justice is one month old tomorrow.  This is both encouraging and discouraging.  I am encouraged by her progress and her growth.  I look forward to new milestones and increased interactions with our little girl.  At the same time, I find myself discouraged by the passing of time.  I have officially used half of my maternity leave.  From this day forward, I have been home more days than are left.  January 23rd hangs over my shoulder like a daunting ghost.  Anyway - here are a few random thoughts on one full month of motherhood.
 My two loves.
  • Little tiny babies go through a TON of diapers.
  • Baby girl has captured my heart... and every room of our home.
  • Lack of sleep used to mean irritability and crankiness.  Lack of sleep is now the new norm.
  • Extreme lack of sleep now leads to extreme emotional craziness.  There have been multiple times I've had to call Eric hours later and start the conversation with, "I've come to my senses and I'm sorry."  
  • My love for our baby grows everyday.
  • So does my love for my husband.  He is selfless and loving.  He serves us out of compassion.  I'm currently lacking sleep and can't seem to find the right words here... but he's amazing.  Except I need a word that means 10x more than "amazing."
  • I don't know the words to many hymns I thought I knew the words to.  So I rock my baby with the lyrics to these hymns pulled up on my phone.  
  • We need a CD of lullabies.  Except we don't own a CD player - so we need something different.
  • If only she looked this peaceful all the time....


No comments: