Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Day 23: Partner

I would like to take the time today to write about something near and dear to my heart; Eric. He is my partner in this journey of life and I am better for it.

Eric cares deeply for this world; for its people and for its land. He is passionate about theology and the way theology connects to every facet of life. He is a thinker. He is a reader. He is a life-time learner.

Over the past few years, I have watched Eric love people. His patience has grown as the relationships around him have deepened. I have watched him give of himself; of his time, of his energy, of his resources. I have watched Eric grow as a person, and I have grown too.

Eric has taught me to love deeper and to take risks.  To slow down and to make time for others. As a result, I have experienced deeper and more meaningful relationships.  I have found unique value where I wouldn't have looked. I like to think I'm starting to see people how God sees people. Unique. Wonderful. Gifted. Beautiful. Intricate. Worthy.

Here's to deeper growth as we continue this journey together.

No comments: