Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Day 29: The Gift of One Hour

What do you do when you're gifted one unexpected (kid-free) hour?

The list is long, and a little overwhelming. I prioritized and have accomplished this: journaling to both of my kids. I have about 15 minutes left, and I plan to write this blog, scroll through my newsfeed, and head home.


Just today I was thinking about the work related tasks that need to be done. I could probably knock out a significant amount of tasks in an afternoon.  But thinking about those got me thinking about scheduling these administrative-type tasks into my weekly schedule. Thinking about scheduling got me thinking about our future furlough trip (dates yet-to-be-determined), which got me thinking about building relationships with churches, which got me thinking about.... You see how this goes.

So instead of crossing a few things off my list today, I chose to make an investment in my kids' lives. And I'm so glad I did. If I put off writing down memories then I'll forget them. These days pass by so quickly and good or bad, I will never have them back.




No comments: