Friday, April 11, 2014

BONUS! Day 31

The 30 Day Blogging Challenge has concluded. I thought it would be good to have a quick wrap-up with some of what I learned. Without further ado...

The Top 5 Lessons of the 30 Day Blog Challenge

5.  If I didn't link a particular post to Facebook, almost no one read it. If I linked the blog, a few more people read it. If Eric shared the post on Facebook (or someone else posted/shared), it more than doubled in viewership.

4.  Producing actual content every day is quite difficult. For me, it was impossible. Thus, this picture post, or this week in pictures, or these Justice quotes, or sharing Micah's growth.

3.  Thinking about the blog everyday generated more content (in thought) than I realized was out there. I'm concluding the 30 days with a list of blog ideas I'd like to write. I started the 30 days with two ideas. I used to think "What do I have to write about?" And now I think, "I want to share this," or "We need to communicate that." But those topics take more thought, research, and editing than is possible in one day.

2.  The accountability to post each day kept the blog (and possible content) always on my mind. This is similar to encountering God. Once you begin the practice, and have the accountability, the moments and creative wonder become easier to see.

1.  The challenge was hard and I failed! I missed April 1 AND April 3. Travel + no wifi = No blogging. I'll try again next year :)

Of course, I will continue blogging (as will Eric). But I'm taking tomorrow off!

Most popular post of the 30 Day Challenge: Seeking Missionary Farmer
Least popular post of the 30 Day Challenge: Testimony - Witness & Worship 
Page-views throughout the 30 Day Challenge: 2,220

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this wrap up. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for sharing so much about your lives! Can't wait to hear more.