Tuesday, July 29, 2008

3.2

What is 3.2??

There this is this road, Franklin Pk, that Eric and I drive down almost every day. We've discovered it's a better route to downtown than the interstate. We're only on it for a few miles, but it's beautiful. The houses are set back off the street, some look like the plantations on "Sweet Home Alabama," they have beautiful yards, some are gated... exactly what you would expect southern plantations to look like. Most have garages larger than any home I've lived in, some pretty neat cars, and and a mystery to them. On our very first trip down that road I commented "I would love to see the inside of these homes." Not because they're huge, or fancy, but because they have history, personality, and a distinctness that makes them unique.

So I obviously have nothing to do with most of my time every day (I mean come on people, I'm crocheting!). A few days ago I discovered a website of Nashville tours that you can take. They drive through the "highlights" of Nashville, a tour bus full of folks gawking at all of the stars' homes. Okay, let's face it... if I could afford it, I would be on that bus! However, I am currently lacking an income, so I took my own "at home, on my computer" tour. And guess what I discovered? That road that I love (Franklin Pk) is LOADED with stars' homes. There are swimming pools shaped like guitars, and tour buses parked behind the houses... their own personal tour buses!

And the best news of all? Martina McBride! Oh yes, her house is closest to ours!

I LIVE 3.2 MILES FROM MARTINA MCBRIDE :)

Anyone want to visit???

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Joy that's awesome! How fun :)

Thomas (Murphy) Bridges said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! (I just now read Eric's post about you having a blog).