Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Welcome

So I'm creating a blog... I've recently moved to a new state, consequently have very few friends, have yet to secure a job, and... have some time on my hands! So why not share with you?

Today Eric and I decided to get our new licenses. Tennessee, yay! You all know how it can be sitting in line to get a license. Some of our friends suggested we visit the "License Office" in the city south of us, since the offices in Nashville are always over crowded. We took their advice with much appreciation and journeyed to La Vergne this morning. When we arrived we were told there was one person before us in line (despite about 15 people in the waiting area). Eric's number was B213 and I was B214. After a few minutes of paperwork, Eric's number was called. His procedure was fairly painless, despite the "office" worker leaving for lunch in the middle of transferring licenses and handing him off to the next guy. That's where it went sour... the lunch hour. Everyone working in the office went on lunch except one lone ranger. As we sat there for the next 45 minutes we watched the numbers climb... soon there were 48 people waiting in line. Oh, did I fail to mention that 3 other people had their number called in front of me? Not sure how that happened. I, however, waited patiently because I was staring at a poster on the wall that read "Thank you for waiting patiently, there are 17 people in line for an organ transplant."

At the end of our 2 hour trip, we have new, yet 80's looking licenses. They are a nice urine yellow color with the words "The Volunteer State" printed boldly across the top. I would have preferred to keep my pretty Illinois picture, but oh well. The next step is transferring my license plate... I think I'll wait on that one.

So I still don't have a job, which has made me kind of crazy. I freak out when one bowl is left in the sink, or when one black spot is on our carpet. I have nothing else to do, so why not have the cleanest apt. in town?! I've been exercising every morning, I've painted all that needs to be painted, I've unpacked and put away all possible things. Our laundry is up to date and our apt. is spotless. So today I decided to take up a new hobby... crocheting. :) Let's face it, I need something to keep me busy!

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

Eric said...

Sweet, my wife has a blog...A few things need to be said. I was actually able to watch an entire episode of the Office this morning as I also patiently waited for you to get your license. I also happen to be staring at a pan in the sink, not quite spotless, but I won't fault you. You're a good wife.