Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'm not using my words!

This has become one of my favorite new phrases... "Eric, I haven't used my words today." I'm sure you've seen the studies about how many words women use in a day verses how many words men use in a day. There seems to be some discrepancy over the difference between men and women, but most would agree that the average adult is using approx. 20,000 words per day. In my desperate plea to have engaging adult conversation I now embrace Eric with "I haven't used my words yet... can I please, please talk?!" He loves coming home to me :)

I have found a whole new motivation for the job search. I'm determined. I NEED adult interaction, and the income would be a huge bonus. In the last 24 hours I have sent my resume to 24 different employers and I have 2 more to call. I will continue with this tenacity and determination until I am employed.

Ooh... one more thing. My husband made a great comment this week. "Joy, I really appreciate you stepping it up and cooking dinners now." WHAT? What is that? As if I couldn't before? He just offered and so I let him! Anyway, yes I am cooking now. Eric is working and attending classes, it's really the least I can do.

1 comment:

Julia said...

LOL, you guys are too funny!

Wow, Joy, I'm impressed with your determination to find a job... I am the opposite... I love being off work so much that I would probably prolong it as long as I could. Maybe I'm just lazy. And I never thought about how I'm not using my words when I stay home alone all day... but I think I have enough thoughts running through my head to cover at least that many words. :)
Well I hope you do find a job perfectly fitted for you soon... and 'til then, I hope you enjoy cooking for your studious, hard-working hubby! :)