Friday, March 14, 2014

Day 5: Blogs I Follow

Eric and I follow very different blogs, and between the two of us have quite the range.  Here are a few blogs I follow on a regular basis.  Tomorrow, Eric will post a few of the blogs he follows.

Rough Draft Farmstead - A young married couple, living off the grid, and farming for a living.  We had the great privlege of knowing these two while we lived in Nashville (though they live in KY). We both admire the work they are doing, the seriousness with which they care about the earth, and the amazing food they produce.  And we're a tad jealous of the animals they raise!  Check out these pigs they've been bottle feeding!

Photo Credit: Roughdraftfarmstead.com
Radical Farmwives - This blog is run by three farmwives.  They have children in varying stages of life, and all have been farming for a substantial number of years.  I appreciate the variety this site offers; from knitting, to schooling, to boiling maple syrup, to herding cattle... you name it! I am consistently inspired by work ethic of these ladies.

Katy Says - I've been following this blog the longest. Produced by Katy Bowman, biomechanist  and the only human physics scientist that has focused her expertise to address our country’s epidemic-level health crisis and the mechanical causes of disease. She is challenging, and all of her information has sound research. Advocate of health; from movement to nutrition to education.  Check her out!

Stay at Home Money Manager - a newer blog by my friend, Mandy.  Taken from her blog, you would learn this: Mandy makes the most of time and money while raising two sons with her husband in Nashville. A lover of spreadsheets and lists, she shares challenges and strategies of effeciently managing a household. Because I know Mandy personally, I would also share she's down to earth, has a great sense of humor, and shares very practical information.  She's the type of person I totally trust a book recomendation from. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a privilege to be on your short list! Thanks for the kind words and the recommendations... I lost myself on the Rough Draft farming blog and love Jesse's article on alternative canning. Maybe I'll have enough tomatoes this year to put away for the winter??? xo Mandy